4 large potatoes
1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp butter
1 cup left over ham, shredded
½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 shoot of spring onion, finely chopped
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 avocado, mashed
200ml sour cream
Bean sprouts to taste
This versatile recipe is a great way to use up left over ham, turkey, chicken – you name it!
Crispy on the outside, but soft in the middle, Christmas leftovers have never looked so good.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Ensure potatoes are clean and dry before baking.
2. Pierce potatoes with a fork in several places around the potato and place on an oven tray in the centre of an oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are soft when pierced in the centre.
3. Cut the top off each potato and remove the centre with a spoon to create a basket, this will make room for your filling. Place the removed filling into a bowl and combine with the cheese, milk, butter, spring onions and left-over Christmas ham while still warm. Spoon the filling back into each jacket potato. Reheat in the oven for a further 5 minutes, to ensure the cheese is melted through.
4. To create the topping, mix the avocado, pumpkin seeds, spring onion and chopped cherry tomatoes in a bowl and place on top of the cheese and ham filling. Top with bean sprouts and sour cream to taste.
5. Serve potatoes while still warm.