- 250g each of cauliflower and broccoli
- 2 Tbs ground flax (linseeds) + 4 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs psyllium husks
- 80g almond meal
- 1 Tsp salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs dried herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary etc)
- ¼ onion, sautéed
- ¾ cup chopped and steamed pumpkin
- 10 thin slices capsicum
- 6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbs pine nuts
- 2 Tbs kalamata olives
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 chopped spring onion
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 220C.
- Place cauliflower into a blender and blend until rice-sized grains form. Freeze
overnight and thaw on a tea towel on the day of pizza making. Alternatively you
can steam the cauliflower and broccoli before blending, cool, then squeeze out
liquid with your hands. This is essential for achieving a crisp base.
- Mix ground flax and water and set aside until a thick gel forms. Add to prepared
cauliflower and broccoli, along with remaining base ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour out pizza base mixture onto the tray,
spread and press firmly with a spatula in a circle or rectangle shape.
- Blind bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until starting to crisp and
brown on the edges (see photo).
- Base with tomato paste, sprinkle on the toppings, drizzle with a little oil, and bake for a further 15-20 minutes. Let the pizza stand for five minutes before
cutting. Carefully serve slices using a wide spatula
Recipe and photography by Jade Walker.