Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
200g left over ham, roughly torn
2 cups vegetables, roughly chopped
1 cup kale, finely sliced
40g unsalted butter
40g plain flour
50g grated cheese (Tasty or Parmesan)
2 cups potato crisps to garnish
For a vegetarian option, try broccolini, asparagus, peas or corn or even roast potatoes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Place the ham, vegetables and kale in a large bowl.
- To make the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a medium sized pan. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the milk and cheese and whisk until thickened for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the bechamel sauce over the ham and vegetables and gently stir to combine.
- Pour into a large baking dish (2.5 – 3ltr capacity).
- Arrange chips on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and hot.
- Serve immediately.